Breda Telephone Corporation d/b/a Western Iowa Networks is looking for a full-time Construction Technician for their Carroll, IA operations.
- Places buried fiber optic and copper cable or duct systems using plowing, digging, trenching, and boring equipment.
- Construction and maintenance of new and existing fiber and copper cable facilities.
- Must be able to use backhoe, trenching and plowing equipment, mini-excavator and hand tools for construction, cleanup and restoration.
- Locate and expose existing underground fiber and cable plant facilities, and identify other utilities after they have been located.
- Keep up-to-date on County, City, and State permit requirements.
- Keep County, City, and State officials up-to-date on plant construction.
- Read communication prints, maps, and staking sheets for placing fiber, copper cable, or underground conduit.
- Backhoe, trencher, vibratory plow, and mini-excavator operation experience preferred
- Fiber splicing experience beneficial
- Individual needs to be very customer oriented
- Computer experience preferred
- Company offers competitive wages and an attractive benefit package
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen required
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) required for company insurance qualifications
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required
- Breda Telephone Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Contact: Diane Miller, HR Manager
Telephone: (712) 673-2311
Fax: (712) 673-4281